Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Turkey Trot 5K

I ran my first race yesterday! I have been keeping my running on the down low, but now the cat is out of the bag. Rick and I started running together about 2 months ago. He has to get in shape for a physical test, and I was supporting him but now I can't stop. It is a mood booster for me.
Brooke, my long long long time friend ran it with me. She is such a good sport! She is doing a couch to 5K training, and maybe only half way through it. I pushed Lacey in her stroller, she slept the entire race, which made me happy:)  All three of us did an amazing job. The day was a lot of fun, and full of laughs. Especially laughing at ourselves for showing up an hour early. Eager much... Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures, boo, I forgot to put the memory stick back in my camera.  Brooke had her camera working so you can look at them on her blog.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for running with me, even though you could have left me in the dust you were kind enough to stick with me. The next one i give you permission to ditch me and show off your mad running skills.

    ReplyDelete