Thursday, January 27, 2011

i did it

so last saturday i ran in a race, a 5k to be exact. going through the finish line was such a high. my hubby couldn't make it (tear) but luckily blanche, the loudest lady i know, was cheering for me. i finished in just over 28 minutes and came 6th in my age group. i have to give big props to brooke, blanches daughter, the real reason why she was cheering at the race. it was her first time running that much ever! she did an incredible job. just a side note...brooke has sent in her mission papers! high five for her. i'm happy she is going, but i'm losing my running partner. what will i do?
anyways, the race was fun, and i can hardly wait for the next one. dam to dam race here i come.
looking spiffy in our official running shirts.

3 comments:

  1. awww, you are soooo cute!!! Big props to you for doing it so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is awesome!! You make me want to start running again! :)

    ReplyDelete