Sunday, January 4, 2015

sunday's thought

forgive or not to forgive that is the question (well the question that has been on my mind a lot lately).

i have been seriously struggling with what it actually takes to forgive someone. in mind my the only way to forgive someone is if they apologized to me. it has become so abundantly clear that my way isn't the right way. especially, if i want to move on and be a happier person. while studying forgiveness, i came across this tidbit from Spencer W. Kimball.

In the context of the spirit of forgiveness, one good brother asked me, “Yes, that is what ought to be done, but how do you do it? Doesn’t that take a superman?”

“Yes,” I said, “but we are commanded to be supermen. 

i seriously had an enlightening moment when i read it. 
i need to be brave enough to forgive. strong enough to defeat the bad thoughts that just bring me down. also, forgive and fight with all your might to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment